Sunday, August 3, 2008

Pictures, Anyone?

Just in case you've forgotten what I look like: me this morning, in my mosquito net at the MEVA. (the PC transit house in Tana).

Remember the tree fort I always wanted but never had? This brought back memories. Derek and I went for a canoe adventure in Mantasoa (where the PC Training Center is located) and discovered this house about 20 feet from shore. No one was home. He even went up an knocked on the door. Note: It was more like Michigan there than Madagascar.

A nice shot from our trip to the zoo in Tana. Looking back, it kind of reminds me of my site. Sorry, no pictures from there because I was already attracting enough attention, being the new vazaha in town.

The rice paddies. They are everywhere, even in the capital. This was taken on our first hike, I think our second weekend of CBT (Community Based Training).

That's my kabone...that I only use to empty my po. That's the neighbors' house on the right. Oh yeah, and that's the amazing sunset.

The vazaha and the bride. I mean, the bride, groom, my three host sisters, and me. I've mentioned that my host family is rich, right? That's why they look so fancy. On a 'normal' day, they aren't this dressed up. Maybe jeans or wind pants, a shirt that most likely doesn't match.

The view of part of Alarobia from one of the trainee's host family's epicerie. It was June 26, Independence Day; that's why there are so many people. See the white vehicle on the right side? That's a PC vehicle and we train in the building to the right of it.

The view from the top of this awesome rock in Ambatomanga. It's only a short walk from where my host family lives.

And don't forget to look at Derek's blog (see 2 posts ago...he has a few more pictures).

No comments: