Friday, November 7, 2008

Scorpions and Jelly Shoes

Every two months, the schools take a week vacation. So I met up with some friends and went to a Malagasy music festival (similar to a county fair), celebrated Halloween by carving a fruit (I forget the name), got stung by a scorpion (I'm still alive! and fine. The Benadryl just knocked me out all morning and it didn't hurt THAT bad), bought some jelly shoes (you know you're jealous. just like when we were kids!), and worked on my tan at the beach.

I'm heading back to my site now, just made a stop in my banking town. Have to go see if my brousse is ready to leave. Sorry this is so short. Maybe my sister or mom can type up a quick summary of the phone calls we've had recently. I hope all is well. I love and miss you all!

~Kinsey
Not quite a pumpkin, but we made due. Good job Catherine and Brian.
Me and my friend Megan, hanging out at Brian's site after the music festival. I'm wearing a lamba (just a large piece of material. Popular with the women here).


Efa Malagasy zaho (I'm already Malagasy). My feet after a day of traveling on the taxi brousse and walking around in the dirt. Part of it is a tan line though:)

Enjoying the first afternoon of the Malagasy music festival (it was kind of like a county fair). In the back: Jessica, Megan, Brian In front: Michelle, Kinsey, Dorothy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys... alot.