Monday, May 5, 2008

(some of) the parts of my story...

Forgive me for the lack of excitement in my blog design...thank goodness for templates. As if it didn't take me long enough to think of a title for my blog, I then had to quickly make this look like something decent. Back to the story line...

The Character: Kinsey: female; age 23 years, 3 months, 24 days...; Hope College graduate; future Peace Corps volunteer

The Setting: Currently, Bear Lake, MI but soon I'll be in Madagascar!

The Plot: Beginning: I'm preparing for my journey to the Big Red Island, creating this blog, wondering what to pack, visiting my friends and family, eating lots of Girls Scout Cookies so I remember how good they taste while I'm gone.

Middle: Eventually, I'll be a Peace Corps Volunteer (Right now, I'm an Invitee...soon I'll be a Trainee...then I'll be sworn in as a Volunteer). I will teach English and work alongside the Malagasy people with the help of the Peace Corps.

End: If you know the ending, don't spoil it for the rest of us.

More later; it's getting late.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just a test...

Betty Haynes said...

Kinsey.....I've been crying for the past few days because I found out you called Katie and Teressa and Casey last week at the airport...I'm assuming you called Ey too....glad to know I was worth the phone call, oh wait I'm not. I hope you are learning lots of new things and adjusting to the PC life, is it everything you thought and hoped it would be so far? I can't wait to hear more about it! You are in my thoughts and prayers, miss you!
-betty

Anonymous said...

Hey Kinsey!
Thinking of you and getting ready to mail another box out. I have emailed you a couple times. Let your mom know if you have not gotten any. I want to make sure that I am emailing the right place. I am enjoying reading your thoughts and experiences. Hope you continue to have fun and experience the time of your life.
Take care and know we miss you and love you.
Take Care!
Love you,
Lisa & Larry